|Northbrook Property Owners Association|
City of Houston Trash
Weekly Automated Garbage Thursday Weekly Automated Yard Trimmings Thursday Every Other Week - Recycling Thursday Monthly Heavy Trash 2nd Friday of each Month Odd Numbered Months = Tree Waste Only Even Numbered Months = Junk Waste
Please be sure to follow the city guidelines.
Visit Houston Solid Waste or Call 311 for information
All missed pickups must be reported promptly to the City of Houston by calling 311 OR https://webintake.houstontx.gov/web_intake/Controller
Garbage Facts: Trash Facts
*Your City provided garbage container should be placed at the curb between 6pm (Wednesday) and 7am (Thursday) and removed from public view by 10pm on day of collection.
*The Garbage container should be placed in the grass between the curb and the sidewalk
*The lid opening must face the street, and handle facing sidewalk. The container must be accessible and not blocked. If the lid opening is facing your house or some other direction it will be passed.
*Do not overfill your garbage can; if the lid exceeds 45 degrees open it will be passed.
*Do not pile other trash around your garbage can or it will be passed.
*Do not park vehicles on the street within 10 feet on either side of the garbage can or it will be passed.
*Avoid parking cars at end of Cul-de-sacs every Thursday to avoid making an obstacle for the large city garbage trucks. They might possibly pass all the cans at the end of the Cul-de-sac!
Additional bags of garbage are collected only of they have a special sticker tag attached and visible. �Tags for bags� can be purchased at Fiesta, HEB, & Kroger for $1 each plus tax. Yard waste does not require a tag.
Small bundled tree trimmings, bagged grass clippings weighing less than 50 pounds may be placed out (3 feet from garbage can) each Wednesday night and it will be picked up on Thursday by the City.
Heavy Trash: Heavy Trash Details
Alternating months for heavy �Junk Waste� and �Tree Waste�
- On odd number months �Tree Waste� is picked up. �Tree Waste� is defined as �clean wood waste such as tree limbs, branches, and stumps (lumber, furniture, and treated wood will NOT be accepted).
- Do not mix trash, if there is trash piled with your �tree waste� it will be passed.
- No more than 8 cubic yards of "tree waste" will be collected on heavy trash day.
- On Even number month �Junk Waste� is picked up. �Junk Waste� is defined as items such as furniture, appliances, and other bulky material. Junk Waste may not be placed for collection during a Tree Waste Month.
- A maximum of four cubic yards of building material (not to include roofing shingles, brick, plaster or concrete) generated by the resident in connection with the maintenance of the residential property may be collected by Solid Waste Management Department crews.
Please Note: Tree Waste is accepted during Junk Waste Months. However, to ensure that your Tree Waste is recycled, you may hold your tree waste materials until the next Tree Waste designated month or bring it to a Neighborhood Depository.
Any waste produced by a contractor must be removed by them and not placed out for city pickup. The city will send a citation to the homeowner if this takes place.